Staying Safe. Finding Support. Help and Advice. Useful Contacts.
Most of the time you'll probably be having a good time with your mates, enjoying your free time and getting on ok at school.
But if you're not, don't worry.
There's lots of new stuff going on in your life as you grow up into an adult (and some of it might be a bit scary) so it's normal to worry about things sometimes.
Safe out and about
There are lots of practical things you can do to stay safe when you're out and about, such as:
- make sure someone knows where you are and how to contact you
- if you are travelling alone, arrange transport for your return trip before you go
- when you book a taxi, ask for the driver's name and check this when they arrive
- don't take a lift with someone you've just met
- avoid isolated bus stops, and
- if you are drinking in a public place, never leave your drink or accept a drink from a stranger.
The British Transport Police give lots of tips on how to stay safe when travelling by train.