Careers Advice. Exam Advice. Finding Courses. Leaving School.
Finding a job
If employment is your priority, find out more about how to get your dream job.
There are loads of places to look for a job - internet job sites, mobile apps, job centres, employment agencies, shop windows, twitter, company websites, newspapers.
And there can be loads of different ways to apply.
- answer an advertisement
- send a speculative letter
- make a telephone enquiry.
If you answer an advertisement, you may be asked to:
- apply in writing
- complete an application form by post or online
- telephone for an informal chat
- send in your Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a covering letter by post or email.
Whichever you are asked to do, it's important to:
- be clear and concise
- give yourself enough time and space to apply
- know about the job you are applying for
- be able to explain why you would be right for the job.
You'll find hints and tips in 'looking for jobs and apprenticeships' in the related documents section of this page.