Careers Advice. Exam Advice. Finding Courses. Leaving School.
Finding a job
If employment is your priority, find out more about how to get your dream job.
There are loads of places to look for a job - internet job sites, mobile apps, job centres, employment agencies, shop windows, twitter, company websites, newspapers.
And there can be loads of different ways to apply.
- answer an advertisement
- send a speculative letter
- make a telephone enquiry.
If you answer an advertisement, you may be asked to:
- apply in writing
- complete an application form by post or online
- telephone for an informal chat
- send in your Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a covering letter by post or email.
Whichever you are asked to do, it's important to:
- be clear and concise
- give yourself enough time and space to apply
- know about the job you are applying for
- be able to explain why you would be right for the job.
You'll find hints and tips in 'looking for jobs and apprenticeships' document attached to this page.
If you're looking for a part time job to fit in with school or college make sure you know what the law says about how many hours you can work.