Careers Advice. Exam Advice. Finding Courses. Leaving School.
Writing a CV
A Curriculum Vitae (CV) is a summary of your experience, skills and qualifications so far. There are two ways to order the information on your CV.
You can either:
- put everything in date order, or
- you can emphasise your skills and achievements by putting the relevant ones first.
Whichever style you decide to use, make sure that:
- you type your CV
- your CV is logical
- your information is clear;
- the information is accurate
- you emphasise your skills and abilities
- you are honest
- you are concise.
You'll find lots of useful information on how to fill in application forms, write a covering letter as well as examples of CVs and a CV template in the section below.