Budget Buses. Cheaper Trains. Painless Planning. Terrific Trips.
Going somewhere? You can use your b_line card to get cheap fares on buses. But there are a few rules…
START OR END IN DERBYSHIRE
You can use your b_line card to get money off on any local bus as long as you get on or off in Derbyshire. You can't use it on things like coaches or tour buses though.
You can use your card on buses to and from some places outside of Derbyshire. Here's a list:
Ashby-de-la-Zouch, Ashton Under Lyne, Beeston, Burton upon Trent, Hucknall, Hyde, Leek, Leicester, Loughborough, Macclesfield, Manchester, Mansfield, Meadowhall, Nottingham, Sheffield, Stockport, Uttoxeter, Worksop.
If you're travelling outside of Derbyshire you need to use a direct bus. So you can't get off the bus anywhere outside of Derbyshire and then get back on again.
Well you can, but you won't be able to get cheap fare with your b_line card!
If you have a b_line 1 card, you will be charged child fare or the bus or rail company's own discount ticket.
If you have a b_line 2 card, you will get up to 25 per cent off adult single and return fares.
All purple b_line2 cardholders can also get up to 25 per cent off some saver tickets. These include:
- Arriva - Local Saver (valid in Derby City) and Midlands Saver (valid in Derbyshire).
- Bowers - standard daily and weekly tickets for trips in Derbyshire.
- Stagecoach - Chesterfield dayrider and Chesterfield dayrider PLUS.
- Trentbarton - Mango, zigzag, zigzag plus and Frio.
- Some other bus operators may offer saver tickets - ask the driver for details.
If you're a b_line2 cardholder, aged under 16, you might also be able to get further travel discounts. Make sure you get the best deal by asking the driver.