Budget Buses. Cheaper Trains. Painless Planning. Terrific Trips.
Going somewhere? You can use your b_line card to get cheap fares on buses. But there are a few rules.
START OR END IN DERBYSHIRE
You can use your b_line card to get money off on any local bus as long as you get on or off in Derbyshire. You can't use it on things like coaches or tour buses though.
You can use your card on buses to and from some places outside of Derbyshire. Here's a list:
Ashby-de-la-Zouch, Ashton Under Lyne, Beeston, Burton upon Trent, Hucknall, Hyde, Leek, Leicester, Loughborough, Macclesfield, Manchester, Mansfield, Meadowhall, Nottingham, Sheffield, Stockport, Uttoxeter, Worksop.
If you're travelling outside of Derbyshire you need to use a direct bus. So you can't get off the bus anywhere outside of Derbyshire and then get back on again.
Well you can, but you won't be able to get cheap fare with your b_line card!
If you have a b_line 1 card, you will be charged child fare or the bus or rail company's own discount ticket.
If you have a b_line 2 card, you will get up to 25% off adult single and return fares.
All purple b_line2 cardholders can also get up to 25% off some saver tickets. These include:
- Arriva Midlands - Weekly Local Saver (valid in Derby City)
- High Peak Buses - adult day tickets within Derbyshire, adult week tickets within Derbyshire or where the journey starts or finishes in Derbyshire and period return tickets
- Trentbarton - Zigzag and Zigzag Plus
- TM Travel - Yoyo Plus day and week tickets
- Rail operators - weekly and monthly season tickets
Make sure you get the best deal by asking the driver.
If you're a b_line2 cardholder, aged under 16, you might also be able to get further travel discounts. Make sure you get the best deal by asking the driver.